So today was our second day in Prague, after waking up at 2:15 I quickly fell asleep again until 8, so I don't really think jetlag is a problem for me :). After blogging and reading the news, we packed our bags before heading down to the breakfast buffet at the restaurant. Buffets are great and have so many options, both good and bad for me, as I love breakfast and can never decide what to have. Today it was rye bread with cold smoked salmon, and cereal and yoghurt while Sonia had an omelette and some of this most delicious bread. After breakfast we headed back to the room to collect our bags and layer up some more clothes on for the cool temperatures outside. After my toes nearly fell off yesterday from the cold, I added my fluffy socks over top of my stockings and regular socks, hopefully my shoes haven't been stretched too much :). Still, by the end of the day my toes were numb once again and my fingers were sore and tingling from the cold, they are still sore as if they have been burned as I write this now, 3 1/2 hours later! (And that was with my gloves and Sonia's on over top!-I think I must have really bad circulation).
 |
| The map... at least part of it |
 |
| We made it to the castle, all the way up the stairs! |
 |
| View from the castle hill |
 |
| Castle gates |
So after checking out and getting another map (far better than yesterday's!) we planned out our route and made our way to Prague Castle after stopping off at a couple of supermarkets in an unsuccessful attempt to find a berry tea (I had some last night in the hotel that actually tasted like it smelt, and was delicious). Once again, the castle was highly impressive and huge in size and the cathedral in the middle was enormous with massive and beautiful stained glass windows. Sonia and I marvelled at how they must have built places like these, with no electricity or high powered tools that we have now, and no cherry pickers to reach up to the enormous heights of the roofs which are several stories high, it is just amazing.
 |
| Float in the market, I am there somewhere :) |
 |
| Inside the cathedral |
After our visit to the castle we made our way briskly back to the main square where we wandered around looking for something that I could bring back to remember this vastly different country by. While we were back in the Christmas market, we also dropped into a crepe stall where they made absolutely enormous crepes with a variety of fillings, I had apricot (which was awesome, not too sweet and nicely tart) while Sonia had a classic lemon and sugar. I will post a picture of this later on.
As we munched, we walked back to the hotel and waited on our taxi to drive us out to the airport.
 |
| My apricot filled crepe and me |
So tonight we had THE BEST Indian ever, we are back at the hilton hotel and one of the restaurants here is Indian, really authentic and delicious, venison tandoori which had been marinated in yoghurt, coriander and green chilli, aloo sagwaala which was potato with spinach as well as an eggplant side. It was all super delicious!
So I should go now, tomorrow we wait for Andrew to arrive at 5 and will then drive to sevenoaks and say hello to the cats :).
Comments
Love T