New Zealand Secondary Schools Athletics Competition

Oh, and I forgot to post this before I left for England so it will be in a bit of a strange place on the blog posts list-oh well :)
So the weekend after my last exam, (which I will post about once I get my results back) on Sunday the 8th December our household was up at 5:15 and travelling down to Hamilton to watch me race in the 4km road race for the junior aged (under 16) girls from all over New Zealand. We arrived down and after waking up from my cat nap in the car, I had to warm up in the drizzly rain and begin my race at 8:40am. The race was 2 laps of a course and relatively flat, which was quite good because I had been training on the hills around our place and so found this much easier than my normal runs. After my first lap, I was up to 10th place and after rounding the last corner of my final lap, had made it up to 8th out of about 45 girls, with a PB and really good time of 15:32, less than 4 min each km which is the best I have ever done in a long distance race!

After the race we hung around Hamilton for a bit, had some lunch and then travelled to Huntly on our way back to pay a visit to our new kitten which we will be getting on the 26th December. She is so cute!!! Such a fluff ball of mischievousness :) it is going to be so much fun having her around, we have been missing having Missie around to sit on our work and randomly attack us as we walk down the hallway :).

Whoever wants to see the new kitten (who has yet to be named) can come round to our place and visit her whenever they want, you can wait until I get back because the house might be a bit unorganised without me there to clean up ;) - just ask mummy for confirmation of this :)

Comments

Unknown said…
You did amazingly well with your running Kyla - we are in awe :)
Sandra
Anonymous said…
Paul commented on the meal we had Tuesday night something to the effect of, "Oh. that was good. You must of had Kyla cook it before she left?"
Love you cheeky,
T
Anonymous said…
Congrats Kyla, nice work!

Jonathan

Popular Posts