After arriving in Heathrow and stopping in to the hotel, we freshened up and prepared for my day out. Alone. Yes, on my first day in England, Sonia abandoned me to go out with her work to Savoy Grill-one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants, to the chefs table (to be honest, she would have been crazy if she declined that offer!). So at about 9 in the morning, we left the Hilton hotel at Heathrow and caught the train in to Waterloo (cue singing the song in your head). at the station, we went and bought a new phone for me to use after we broke one of the pins that read the SIM card in my old phone :).
 |
| Windsor Shopping |
 |
| Windsor Castle |
 |
| Streets of Windsor |

Once we had sat in a Starbucks for a bit while charging the phone up, Sonia bought my tickets to Windsor and back and left me with instructions on how to catch my train and a map to find my way around the beautiful town of Windsor. The train left at 10:58 on the dot, and we were off. I had successfully caught my first ever train by myself. An hour later I arrived in Windsor, a quaint little town which is so completely different to anything I have ever seen in New Zealand, there are cobblestoned pedestrian areas with shopping and awesome views. There is so much history everywhere, the Thames river flows and everything just looks old. I really loved just wandering around and enjoying the sights-when I wasn't thinking about the cold. After paying for entrance to the castle, they handed out audio tour sets that instructed me on where to go and what the different places were. Unfortunately I was only allowed to take pictures of the outside of the castle.
After visiting the castle, which was AMAZING!!!! I puddled around, looking at shops, checking out supermarkets, which are so completely different to anything in New Zealand, and sipping hot chocolate until 4:23 when my train left again to go back to Waterloo and meet Sonia again - who arrived at about 6:00 after her 5 hour lunch. We returned to Paddington Station and ate filled bagels for dinner before we returned to the hotel and I ordered a really delicious raspberry creme brûlée from room service :) what luxuries I get when Sonia is looking after me :) we stay in the executive rooms because apparently she is an 'important person' and they feel the need to leave us chocolate and food everywhere :)
 |
| Room Service Creme Brulee |
 |
| Me and my dessert...yum! |
Comments
Poppa
Love
T