Cattery and travelling to York

Streets of York
So this morning I woke up and got to FaceTime home! That was very nice :) Soon after breakfast and packing, the cleaners turned up and Andrew had to somehow get the unwilling cats into their cage for a trip to the cattery, man they hate the cage! Miako miaows because she doesn't want to be trapped, and Sachi is super tense and scared. So I went in the car with them to try and soothe them into relaxing-didn't really work :). Once they had been delivered to the cattery, we returned home to pick up Sonia (she had stayed home to show the removal company around) and our bags. Then our long, 4 hour drive began. Scary. Andrew is a scary driver, so I am really glad that I slept much of the drive :). Today's weather wasn't great and it was a bit drizzly and very windy for the whole trip.
Well we have arrived safely, and after checking into the hotel, went on in to town and found a place for dinner. We ended up at a place called slug and lettuce, a chain pub thing.
Slug and Lettuce

We started with a rather large plate of nachos to share, then had mains. Sonia had fish pie, Andrew beef pie and I had Moroccan chicken and sweet potato salad which was really nice and spicy. But the end of the meal I was bruised and battered-mental note to self, do not sit next to Andrew and crack jokes about his driving...painful :). York is a really quaint and nice town, walking around the streets was really enjoyable because the rain had stopped, leaving the pavement glistening, beautiful. Tomorrow we leave York and drive another 4 hours to Edinburgh, hopefully The weather is better than today :).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I find your Mother's driving scary too, as well as Nana's, so maybe it runs in the family.
Poppa
Anonymous said…
Merry Christmas Kyla!! We woke up to rain and heaps of wind. Perfect to stay home and read a book... wish we could! The girls got their "nukuleles" and are very happy.

A big hug from all of us. Enjoy your wonderful dinner. Poppa's right - your memory is very detailed and we can picture the things you are talking about! And we are slightly worried about you being beaten up by Andrew - is he a little bit Matt-like perchance??

Love you lots,
Tanya xoxoxo
Anonymous said…
To Kyla,

I love you so so so so much. Happy Christmas. I "luz" you.

From Keira xxoo
Anonymous said…
To Kyla,

Merry Christmas and I hope you have a happy Christmas in Scotland. I love you so so much.

Love from Emma xoxo
Kyla said…
Glad to hear you are having a good christmas and the girls liked their presents.
I love you all so so much too and are really missing seeing you xxxx
Yes, in some ways Andrew us a bit like Matt- he just LOVES giving me a dead arm or leg...luckily no beating me up today :)

Popular Posts