Boxing Day mayhem and shopping
So today was Boxing Day, after a relatively slow start to the day, we managed to find breakfast (eventually) at Starbucks...all the other coffee shops were closed! Once we had finished, we headed out onto the Main Street-chaos! So many people were walking back home with Next bags (heaps of really full bags) and all sorts of other packages from the various (and plentiful) sales. So the aim of today was to find Andrew a new top because he only packed enough for 3 days, when we are away for 5 nights! What a drongo! :) So all day Sonia and I were dragged around, from shop to shop carrying Andrews shopping bags and giving our not-so-valuable opinions on the different suits and tops he tried on. Yes, he did indeed get very distracted and start looking at new suits instead of a basic shirt to wear. In the end, Andrew had bought 2 new suits, scarfs as gifts for some of his workmates, new perfume (yes, also for himself) and had still not found a shirt. As a result of this, Sonia and I were dragged around to still more shops as Andrew continued to be indecisive...very unlike him :) maybe I am beginning to have an influence on him! Well, eventually after many, many hours shopping the same streets again and again, our mission was finally complete. On the way back to the hotel we stopped in at next to see what stuff they had-I thought it would have been much better given all the people who bought stuff from there, but it was actually pretty useless and there weren't many good clothes around-very strange. Although it was sometimes not the most interesting trip, finding suits for Andrew who seems to have plenty, today was very fun, wandering around the streets of Edinburgh. And it wasn't too cold or windy today either! Which made the who shopping trip more pleasurable and worthwhile :).
So mummy and daddy have picked up our new kitten, lily, and if you want to see pictures of her you will have to ask them (I can't attach pictures onto here from my iPad). Apparently daddy is the favourite-so typical as he doesn't really love cats that much :). I hope everyone is well and the holiday season is going well. Missing you all :) xoxo
So mummy and daddy have picked up our new kitten, lily, and if you want to see pictures of her you will have to ask them (I can't attach pictures onto here from my iPad). Apparently daddy is the favourite-so typical as he doesn't really love cats that much :). I hope everyone is well and the holiday season is going well. Missing you all :) xoxo
Comments
I suspect he inherited this manner of shopping from his Mother (your Nana).
Poppa