Cats and the George and Dragon

The cats on their way home-a bit squishy :)
So yesterday morning, after breakfast, we hastily got ready to go out be collect the cats from the cattery-man were Sonia and Andrew to see them again and rescue them from the cold! :) As we drove  along there was ice on the roads and it was quite difficult for Andrew to drive, since the roads were windy and narrow, we had to be very careful in parts. But we made it there, safe and sound :) As we drive up the drive, there was Miako on top of their little kennel, looking out of the wire fence-she clearly wanted to be out and about. So as we put the two cats into the cage and drove back home, there was constant miaowing from miss black and white cat to be let out while Sachi cowered away in the corner, stiff and tense. It was really quite amusing in a sad way :). After we got back, I went for a run over at knole park. It was so busy! People everywhere going for a midday Sunday stroll. It was ally beautiful too, lots of deer everywhere, which is very funny given there was a golf course running throughout the part of the park I was running :).
The pub interior, very quaint

After I returned and cleaned up, it was nearly time to go out for our pub lunch (at 3 o'clock!) at the George and dragon. This pub was so cute and quaint, the doorways were really low, and the ceilings uneven with beams showing. It was also really busy-which was expected I guess given there wasn't a free booking till 3 :).
To start we had breads, before our starters arrived. I had hot smoked salmon, Andrew had sticky pork ribs and Sonia had some delicious prawns. All really nice, although the salmon was surprisingly a little too salty.
Smoked salmon
Next was the mains, I had duck with fondant sweet potatoes, kale and a cherry sauce. Sonia had lamb roast and Andrew ordered a venison burger. Again, all delicious. It was a shame however that when I ordered my duck medium-rare, it came out medium-well :(. Oh well, it still tasted really good :).
Duck with sweet potato and kale






To round off our delicious metal, Sonia and I both had a walnut and apple pie that was served with a delicious vanilla ice cream, while Andrew had a mulled wine and white chocolate cheesecake.
I really enjoyed the whole meal, and maybe if you visit Sonia, she will take you there :).
Hope you are all having great holidays :) love you xoxo
Walnut and apple pie-delicious :)




Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy New Year, Kyla! Hope you have a great day.

We haven't had homegroup since you left so you haven't missed out on a vanilla slice yet!

Tanya xo

Popular Posts