New Year's Eve!

Happy new year everybody, hope you all had a great day! Well, today is New Year's Eve for us...we are so last year! So this morning after getting up and ready as we do every morning, I wrote a list of all the ingredients I will need for the meal we are making tomorrow (New Years). After a long time of choosing which dish(es) to do, Andrew and I have finally come to a decision :) took a while I must admit... So we left Sonia in bed (at 10 o'clock) and headed out to sainsburys to buy the ingredients and an ice cream maker for our entree. When we arrived back, a long time later, Sonia was STILL in bed on her iPad :). The remainder of the day we puddled around doing bits and pieces of the courses ahead of time, though in all honesty, there isn't actually much to do (I think we are going a bit easy this time).
This evening, instead of doing the crazy thing that many Londoners decided was a good idea (standing in a crowd of 1/4 million people in the rain) we stayed at home and watched the New Years fireworks on TV :). They were amazing! More spectacular than I have ever seen, if you can find it, you should search it up on you tube and watch the spectacle... It must have cost billions of pounds! Tomorrow we are cooking the "fancy" dinner for Andrew, so I will post this up later.
Have a good new year...have fun with those resolutions :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy New Year! Our New Years resolutions haven't gone so well so far... Craig announced on New Yrs Eve that he would take the kids running at 7am on New Years Day (Zach and Jayna were very keen, Jordan less so :) But New Yrs Day we awoke to rain, so Craig rolled over and went back to sleep!

We are curious- when you and Andrew cook together, which of you is in charge??

love, Aunty Sandra xx

Popular Posts