Food market at London Bridge and goodbye to Andrew

This morning after tidying up the house for viewings, we headed out to the train station and caught the train to London Bridge station for the market. This is a food market which is actually located under the bridge itself, so you can constantly hear traffic and trains overhead-it was a bit unnerving at times :). Anyway, when we arrived Andrew bought a corned beef sandwich, he had been raving all about them so we were expecting big things, but in all truth, it just tasted like some shredded corned beef in between some bread :) he enjoyed it though so that is the main thing :). There were all sorts of stalls, and heaps of them! Cheese, veges, many cakes and tons of bread. There were seafood stalls, cured meats, roasted meat sandwiches, paella-which I bought and ate on the way back on the train. The number of producers was enormous, the biggest food market I have ever seen :) I really enjoyed it. Although we didn't buy a whole lot there, we did get our breakfast-the paella for me, a cheese stick/bread thing for Sonia, and a raclette cheese sandwich for Andrew, which he loved and had been looking forward to all morning I think :) it was very tasty, but super rich and cheesy-probably because of the stack loads of cheese in it :). Actually, we did buy some other stuff-Sonia and I got a Wholemeal sourdough loaf and burrata cheese, which we made into bruschetta with the left over tomatoes and pesto from our special dinner, very yummy! I also got some fudge, which I can't bring home because they wouldn't let through customs... What a shame ;) it is really nice too, ginger fudge, salted caramel, and a chocolate chilli fudge-delicious! There was also a liquorice stall, with many forms of liquorice I have never seen before-the unsweetened stuff, also bark that you chew and get the flavour from, and coated stuff-I think one has a caramel layer, and another has some white stuff (great description I know :) ) anyway, the point is that the store was unique and the products really good. While we were out, we also stopped in at a cafe at the market, this was a chocolate cafe, so we sat down and sipped really good-though extremely rich hot chocolate, mine was 80% cocoa so was really, really rich and dark with 'fruity notes'... Delicious again :).
Once we got back, Andrew packed his bags, and we took him to the airport where we stood for 5 min while he checked his bags in and said goodbye-he definitely doesn't muck around with long drawn out farewells :). I was very sad to see him go, no more Andrew to tease me and goof around with :(. So if everyone can pray for his safe travels back to Korea, that would be great :) xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts