Last day and home again :)
Sorry this post is really late, but I have been on a plane, had a family get together and gone fishing since getting back...not exactly calm-which I love! So anyway, on my last day in England, Sonia took me out to waitrose and other various places to get done last minute things that I hadn't managed to find yet. We went to waitrose, sainsburys, marks and Spencer's, thorntons... Ah, thorntons :) we stopped in here for some morning tea and a hot chocolate-SO GOOD!!!! After we finished getting bits and bobs, we drove back home and the packing started. I am so glad that Sonia helped me bad did most of the actual packing because I would not have managed on my own. After much packing and unpacking and re-packing and weighing, we finally got my bag down to 19.9kg (max was 20) my hand luggage to 9kg (we were really hoping they wouldn't weigh it because the max is 7 :) and my back pack ended up 8.5kg-that was a killer when I was walking though the airports, especially Hong Kong because it is so long! So after I packed and we had a quick lunch, we were off and on our way to heathrow airport. On our way, there was huge amounts of traffic in the other direction because a car had flipped on the motorway, so I have no idea how long it took Sonia to get back home afterwards. Once we arrived and successfully checked my bags through to New Zealand, we dropped into a costa coffee and had our last coffee together for a long while, and then I was gone :( through the gates and into security, my trip was over. But I was on my way home and so I was very happy about that :). Finally, 25 hours later I walked through the gates set Auckland and met with mummy and daddy and Lauren (Braden was at a scripture union camp) and we went off to find some breakfast for them because they had been so dedicated to picking me up at 7:30am that they had had none :(. At 9:30-10:00pm last night, my first bought back, I finally got some sleep-it had now been a full 48 hours since I last woke up from a proper sleep back in England, and I kinky had about 2 hours of very broken and uncomfortable sleep in total over both legs of my plane trip! So as you can imagine, I was very tired :). But I am back home now, missing Sonia and Andrew, but enjoying being home and meeting lily for the first time...she is SO cute!!! :)
Comments