Andrews last full day, plus the traditional British Friday night fish, chips and mushy peas :)

Well yesterday was Andrews last full day here in the UK, it is all very sad :(. In the morning, we headed out to Ashford, to the outlet shopping centre. This place is really cool! There are many outlets of different shops, the popular brands like gap, next, Abercrombie and Fitch, and heaps, heaps more! All the shops surround the carpark, in a gigantic circle around the cars. The whole area is really cool and it was very nice wandering around the different shops :). Of course, my favourite shop was Gap...I think that if this place came to New Zealand, it would be where I would shop the most :) unfortunately, because it is winter in Europe, all the clothes are Wintery - rather then the summery clothes I will actually wear in NZ. After we spent some time at Ashford and found some lunch at their food hall, we headed back home where we hung around for a bit before going out for a traditional fish and chips dinner. This was very delicious :) I started with a lobster bisque, tasty with some nice and crunchy garlic bread. Next we all had fish and chips, I tried it with a tempura batter, so it was a bit lighter and crispier-just the sort of batter I like. The generous fillet of fish was delicious and the twice cooked chips were delicious and crunchy. I even got two lots of mushy peas because Andrew doesn't like them-they were so good, I don't understand how he can't like peas :).
The next part of our plan for the day was to go and watch a movie at the local cinema. We chose the WRONG movie, not appropriate at all so we left very soon after it started...do not go and watch American Hustle-Andrew thought it would be like the comedy leverage, about con artists...it was not. End of story. Anyway, we returned home and watched some Sherlock, much better. Still not my favourite show, but better than some things :).

Comments

Popular Posts