Andrew is gone :( London eye, Hillsong and the science museum

So on Sunday morning, Sonia and I headed out without Andrew into London for the day. To start off, we went to the London eye, luckily there wasn't a huge queue, so we got on reasonably quickly. The views are amazing! You get to ride the huge Ferris wheel for 1/2 an hour, it is so big that you only go round once :) As you get higher and higher, more of London can be seen and it was so amazing! I really loved being able to see all the places and stations I had been to from a completely different perspective :). We had planned to go on the river boat, but unfortunately it was closed for some reason. Instead, we just sat down and had some lunch at EAT, before it was time for church. Instead of having church in sevenoaks, we decided that it would be a cool and different experience to go to the Hillsong Church. This church has several services every day, and is held in a theatre. The two earliest services (11 and 1) were talked about online as the 'quieter' services, whereas the two later ones, are louder with more young people. When they say that the service is 'quieter' they must have been comparing it to a rock concert! The church is so completely different to any I have ever been to, so different to Lincoln road. The Hillsong youth band were playing, and in some ways it was almost like being at a concert-but everyone was celebrating and praising God. Actually, when I think about the most similar thing I have been to, I think it is a bit like the services at HM Rage. Really good music, which I LOVED, everyone was so open, and the speaker was very good and inspiring about how to approach this coming year (It was the first Sunday of 2014). After the service, Sonia and I headed back into the underground and to the science museum. It is huge, and we got a bit confused about how to get to the different levels, and as a result ended up passing the space section about 6 times! We spent most of the time in the medical sections, which were very interesting, full of the history of medicine in different cultures as well as in Britain. There were also sections about space, IMAX cinema, mathematics, computing, there is really all sorts of things that would take way to long to look at it all! After we finished off at the museum, we headed back home, museumed out for the day :).

Comments

Popular Posts