Day 11: Lost on Bikes

Well my last day in Tokyo was really very fun, even though we got lost and a police man told us to go the opposite way to home when we specifically asked him where Toyosu was.

Sonia and I thought that we would do our last minute shopping before I came back to NZ, ad as it was such a lovely day we would do it on our bikes. we started biking over to Asakusa, a place where there is the temple. Here we bought a Yukata for me, and after a long wait and Sonia not telling me which one she liked best we finally got out of the shop and headed over to Kapabashi to look for bowls for mummy. At this point we were not lost and as we finished buying things we called Andrew to ask what direction it would be best to go in to get back to the apartment before 4 so I could check that I had all my stuff and we could leave at 5 so we would be at the airport before 6:30, 2 hours before my flight.

Sonia misheard him and so this is when we started to go wrong on our bike trip around Tokyo. We headed the way we thought was right, and after quite a while Sonia felt that we were going in the wrong direction. So we stopped off at a police box and asked him for directions. he told us in very slow English that we were to continue up the road, so we did, as we thought he was right. It was very reasonable to think this as he had even got out a map of Tokyo. Anyway, we headed off and after another while Sonia called Andrew to check, as it turned out we were going in the opposite direction to the way we were supposed to be going. Andrew told us the correct way, which just so happened to be the way we came, we rode for a bit and then Sonia checked that we were going the right way, as we were needing to get home reasonably soon so I could catch my flight.

In the end we got home safely, I got to the airport in time we checked in and sat down for dinner and a drink from a nearby drink machine before I hopped on the plane and was gone.

Comments

Popular Posts