Day 3: Asakasusa and Kappabashi




Some photos from earlier in the week... Top picture is the Bell Tower in Kawagoe
Second picture is the streets in Kawagoe
Third picture is a person selling different spices
and the last picture is dough fish with chocolate in
the middle, cooking
Sorry I didn't upload pictures earlier, I forgot to bring the chord to connect my camera to the computer, luckily Sonia found one today that works.

Yesterday we got up from a good sleep and at about 11am left the house to catch the train to Ueno-Okachimachi, there we swapped train lines to the Ginza line where we caught the train to Tawaramachi, this is the station which we needed as it got us to Kappabashi, where we then walked up a long street full of kitchen and crockery shops. There were heaps of wonderful places, I could have just stood and looked at things for hours but we were running out of time before Sonia had to make a couple of conference calls for work. (even though she was on holiday)

Anyway as she did actually have to make these calls we went to find a coffee shop to sit at so I could sit and read a book while she made the calls. So there we were standing in the middle of a bunch of Japanese eating places trying to find a suitable place to go, there was none, apart from Starbucks that is. As it was 2:30 and we were very hungry we settled with that and went inside to find something to eat. I chose a mushroom and cheese roll and a mocha while Sonia decided that she would have a ham and cheese roll and a coffee. We sat down and started to eat, then a Japanese man started talking to us, he started asking question like where was I from? What city? and things like that.

When Sonia finished on the phone we packed up our things and caught the train back to Andrews work. From there we went to an American bulk warehouse called Costco, we were going there to get the food for a dinner that Sonia and I will hopefully be cooking for Andrew tomorrow night. It took an extremely long time because there was a lot of traffic. It was in the car that I started to feel really sick my stomach was incredibly sore and at times I felt like I was about to throw up. Any way enough of the gross details. Soon I felt much better and we continued on our shopping. We bought a great range of things, from shampoo to boxes of coke, tonic water and sparkling water.
It was great fun and I really enjoyed it.

Comments

Sharon said…
Those are really great photos that you have taken.
The photo of the street with all the power lines going across it looks like the kind of photo you would see in a magazine! I am very impressed.
Mummy
Have you had any horse sushi yet? Don't forget!
Anonymous said…
Have been following your blog with great interest Kyla. Sounds like you are having a great adventure. Look forward to the next exciting episode
Grandma and Grandad
Unknown said…
Costco! Costco! Costco! Almost as good as Sam's Club :)

Great pix. So jealous, except for the you not feeling well part. Stay healthy and take lots more pix.

Popular Posts