Gardens, Rocks and Manly
Today began with a trip around Sydney trying to find petrol to fill up the rental car because guess how much it would have costed for AVIS to fill it up? 5x normal petrol price!!! That is completely crazy! Once that little job had been done we wandered down to the waterfront through the beautiful botanical gardens and along towards the "Rocks" area where there are the weekend markets. There were some pretty weird stalls like people trying to sell us candles that had healing and soothing properties, but some nice hand crafts etc. Cute markety stuff :)
After a while of looking about there we caught the ferry to Manly Beach which was BEAUTIFUL. It has been such a nice and sunny day today, I couldn't have asked for better weather! It made for a lovely walk right down the beach and back, being able to look out at the people surfing and having a great time. It's also really different to New Zealand white sand beaches because when you look out, there are no little islands in the distance, it is just the horizon and the blue sea meeting the blue sky - amazing :)
At the moment we are back in the hotel (obviously) and I am going to look into what I can do with myself tomorrow while Sonia is at work, I'm sure I will find some nice walks to do or something like that.
After a while of looking about there we caught the ferry to Manly Beach which was BEAUTIFUL. It has been such a nice and sunny day today, I couldn't have asked for better weather! It made for a lovely walk right down the beach and back, being able to look out at the people surfing and having a great time. It's also really different to New Zealand white sand beaches because when you look out, there are no little islands in the distance, it is just the horizon and the blue sea meeting the blue sky - amazing :)
At the moment we are back in the hotel (obviously) and I am going to look into what I can do with myself tomorrow while Sonia is at work, I'm sure I will find some nice walks to do or something like that.
Comments