Driving...
Hello again! This won't be a long post and I don't even know if anyone's looks at my blog anymore, but hey, I will see it when I am all old and grey and laugh :). Today was officially my first time driving a real car!!! Opposed to a fake one you know... :) before today my only experience of pushing an accelerator down was in go carts at HM Rage and our ride on lawn mower, neither of which are quite the same as an actual car.
After church and bible study this afternoon mummy drove me down to Hobsonville point, there is the new school there and there are empty car parks and new streets that aren't used much, so I had my first lesson and attempt at keeping two people alive in a car, while moving!
It was all very exciting and in my opinion I think I did quite well for my first ever time. Having said that, I was the driver and had a steering wheel to hold on to so I can't be sure :).
Our little old 1992 Toyota corolla is nowhere near as bad as a I thought it would be, and even though it only has one speaker and wind down windows, at least there is some music and air con... I am VERY thankful and happy. Thank you poppa for donating the car to us, it is very generous of you :). Anyway, we stopped in a car park and stuck on the L plates... The first step was buckling up and adjusting the seat, I got this done and almost decided that was enough, I didn't want to kill us on my first time in the car! However I started the car and did some loops of the carpark area, practising my indicating and most importantly, stopping of the car. After a bit of practise here, mummy let me drive out onto the unpopulated road, it was all very nerve wracking to begin with but fun in a strange sort of way at the same time. All in all I won't give a blow by blow recount of the exact turns I made, but I will say that I made it safely to Catalina after about 3/4 of an hour of driving thanks to my wonderful and patient instructor. I only went slightly onto a curb once after turning for too long, and didn't hit any other cars, so for the first time I think that I made a pretty good effort :). It won't be too long before you will all have to watch out for me on the actual roads! That will be a scary day for everyone :).
After church and bible study this afternoon mummy drove me down to Hobsonville point, there is the new school there and there are empty car parks and new streets that aren't used much, so I had my first lesson and attempt at keeping two people alive in a car, while moving!
It was all very exciting and in my opinion I think I did quite well for my first ever time. Having said that, I was the driver and had a steering wheel to hold on to so I can't be sure :).
Our little old 1992 Toyota corolla is nowhere near as bad as a I thought it would be, and even though it only has one speaker and wind down windows, at least there is some music and air con... I am VERY thankful and happy. Thank you poppa for donating the car to us, it is very generous of you :). Anyway, we stopped in a car park and stuck on the L plates... The first step was buckling up and adjusting the seat, I got this done and almost decided that was enough, I didn't want to kill us on my first time in the car! However I started the car and did some loops of the carpark area, practising my indicating and most importantly, stopping of the car. After a bit of practise here, mummy let me drive out onto the unpopulated road, it was all very nerve wracking to begin with but fun in a strange sort of way at the same time. All in all I won't give a blow by blow recount of the exact turns I made, but I will say that I made it safely to Catalina after about 3/4 of an hour of driving thanks to my wonderful and patient instructor. I only went slightly onto a curb once after turning for too long, and didn't hit any other cars, so for the first time I think that I made a pretty good effort :). It won't be too long before you will all have to watch out for me on the actual roads! That will be a scary day for everyone :).
Comments
Tanya
P.S. Of course we're still checking your blog!