School Trip to Muriwai Beach

On the 27th of February my class went to Muriwai beach for our school trip. Normally for a school trip we would go to a beach with much smaller waves, but because every one lives locally (except us) we needed to learn about the beach. The first thing we learned about was the sun safety rules it used to go slip slop slap now it goes slip slop slap wrap slide smear. Then we learned about rips and waves and how to keep safe.First we learned about the types of waves, the shore breaker dumping wave spilling wave and surging. Then we learned about rips and currents and how to keep safe if caught in one.



After lunch we went down to the beach and we were then divided into three groups. One did beach games another did free swim and the other did boogie boarding. Then we swapped so we could all have a turn at each. My favorite activity was the free swim which I did last. When I was doing my free swim a big wave came and swept most of us off our feet then it started to drag us all out. As I was being swept towards mummy she said "stand up" and I said "I can't" so she grabbed me but we fell over and a wave and got us both.

Comments

Popular Posts