Venturing out into the Sun
Monday Sonia had to go back to work so I went on a little adventure for myself, wandering around various parts of sunny Sydney. First up was a wander through the Botanical Gardens again, they are so nicely done! There are little areas done up with different themes like the fernery and the palm area - and each different tree/plant species has a sign about it which you can read :)
Walking through the dappled sunlight with music playing through my headphones was so nice and relaxing, enjoying the huge variety that God has created! The sun really was out in full force and it reflected off the calm waters, shimmering, sparkling, blue - beautiful.
Once I reached the harbour I walked around to the Harbour Bridge and trekked across it, taking in the view of Sydney and where I have been and seen up close. There was so much hustle and bustle even though was a work day, people everywhere wander along with coffee in one hand and a camera in the other, taking in everything around them. As I looked across the water towards the Opera House, it's size is really quite astonishing. When you look at the pictures it doesn't really register quite how big it is, but when you are right beside it and and can see other people standing near it, it really towers over everyone. The acoustics must be amazing!
When I returned back to Circular Quay station I caught the train to Bondi Junction, and from there a hot and smelly bus to the beach... it was BEAUTIFUL! The sand is so white and fine, and the contrast with the clear aqua water is amazing. As you watch the waves coming in they are perfectly formed for surfing, (unlike the huge dumping waves at Muriwai!) it made me want to just jump in and go for a swim! - but alas, I didn't have any togs or a change of clothes with me... and walking around sopping wet probably wouldn't be appreciated by the train drivers. I walked along part of the coastal walk round to Bronte Beach, following around the face of the cliffs, passing a few cute little beaches and getting very very hot... did I mention the super hot sun?! It was a really nice way to spend my morning, even though I was alone - so I would definitely recommend the beaches as the way to go! (Would be even better if you took swimming togs and could cool down in the water).
After I was done in Bondi and the surrounding areas, I caught the train back in to town and then to Chatswood to see another part of town, have a wander around and then head back home (city) to find hot chocolate by request of Mummy and Daddy. I also popped in to Adriano Zumbos shop in the QVB mall (the most expensive mall I have ever seen! - its architecture is really cool though, and it has this awesome clock in the middle of it that tells you the date and everything (wow that sounds really boring, but it was a very cool old design).
For my last meal out with Sonia we went to Jamies Italian and I got to enjoy her company for the last time until she one day returns - very soon actually! I am super grateful for the time I got to spend over with her :)
That was my lovely last day in Sydney and now I am back home, safe and sound... with not quite so much nice sun - its a bit cold and overcast, but hey - thats the Auckland we all know and love! :)
I have decided that heaven will have the best parts of all countries... even though some may argue that Australia is good for nothing, after seeing the beaches, mountains and awesome animals, my eyes are opened to the diversity of creation, it is so wonderful to see everything that is so different and unique in all the different places - I love it!
"O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures. Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large and small." - Psalm 104:24-25
Walking through the dappled sunlight with music playing through my headphones was so nice and relaxing, enjoying the huge variety that God has created! The sun really was out in full force and it reflected off the calm waters, shimmering, sparkling, blue - beautiful.
Once I reached the harbour I walked around to the Harbour Bridge and trekked across it, taking in the view of Sydney and where I have been and seen up close. There was so much hustle and bustle even though was a work day, people everywhere wander along with coffee in one hand and a camera in the other, taking in everything around them. As I looked across the water towards the Opera House, it's size is really quite astonishing. When you look at the pictures it doesn't really register quite how big it is, but when you are right beside it and and can see other people standing near it, it really towers over everyone. The acoustics must be amazing!
When I returned back to Circular Quay station I caught the train to Bondi Junction, and from there a hot and smelly bus to the beach... it was BEAUTIFUL! The sand is so white and fine, and the contrast with the clear aqua water is amazing. As you watch the waves coming in they are perfectly formed for surfing, (unlike the huge dumping waves at Muriwai!) it made me want to just jump in and go for a swim! - but alas, I didn't have any togs or a change of clothes with me... and walking around sopping wet probably wouldn't be appreciated by the train drivers. I walked along part of the coastal walk round to Bronte Beach, following around the face of the cliffs, passing a few cute little beaches and getting very very hot... did I mention the super hot sun?! It was a really nice way to spend my morning, even though I was alone - so I would definitely recommend the beaches as the way to go! (Would be even better if you took swimming togs and could cool down in the water).
| The pool let sea water in over the top of it! |
| Bondi with its super blue waters and tons of people :) |
| A cute little beach 'Tamarama' on the way to Bronte |
| This isn't the really big clock, but it shows the really fancy building. |
That was my lovely last day in Sydney and now I am back home, safe and sound... with not quite so much nice sun - its a bit cold and overcast, but hey - thats the Auckland we all know and love! :)
I have decided that heaven will have the best parts of all countries... even though some may argue that Australia is good for nothing, after seeing the beaches, mountains and awesome animals, my eyes are opened to the diversity of creation, it is so wonderful to see everything that is so different and unique in all the different places - I love it!
"O Lord, what a variety of things you have made! In wisdom you have made them all. The earth is full of your creatures. Here is the ocean, vast and wide, teeming with life of every kind, both large and small." - Psalm 104:24-25
Comments